How to Care four Your Wetsuit
Cleaning and Caring for Your Wetsuits
Wetsuits require more specialized care than your usual bathing suits. They tend to absorb salts from the beach and chemicals from pool water, so they must be soaked in fresh, cool water before washing.
Here are some helpful tips to wash your wetsuit:
- Open all zippers and turn the wetsuit inside out.
- Do your best to remove all the sand.
- Proceed to wash with wetsuit shampoo. If you don’t have any, use baby shampoo or baking soda.
- Make sure to avoid harsh detergents that can ruin neoprene.
- Rinse thoroughly in cold water and leave to dry in a shaded area.
- Hang the wetsuit from the waist to keep its shape or use a hanger specially designed for wetsuits.
- Once the exposed side is dry, turn the wetsuit again to dry both sides.
- Make sure the wetsuit is thoroughly clean and completely dry before storing it in between seasons to prevent unpleasant odors and molds.
Following these tips will help you get the most life out of your wetsuit.